Tuesday, December 23, 2014

43 Days and Counting

  Family and Friends,
       
        In September I received my call to serve to the Washington Vancouver Mission. For those who don't know I am from Kennewick Washington, just a small 3.5 hours from my mission home. I was confused about the call and it took me a few hours to experience the joy of my call. But it came! The spirit testified to me that Vancouver was the place to be! For anyone who still thinks I am going to Canada, Vancouver is in southern Washington right across the Columbia River from Portland. The mission extends eastward into Oregon and Washington, following the Columbia River Gorge, and westward to the Pacific Ocean covering towns like Sea Side and Astoria.  I grew up loving this area and visiting the ocean in the summer with my family. I can't think of a better place for me to serve the Lord than in my favorite place, Washington.

       Now that I finished my last semester at BYUI before the mission I am home for the holidays and I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I will miss school tremendously and the people that I was so blessed to call my friends. However this is my time to sacrifice and serve my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. It has been difficult thinking about what I am leaving behind for 18 months but when I put it in an eternal perspective, it is all worth it.  To spread God's love and gospel throughout the world makes every worry seem small to me. While I am home for the next month I will be working, studying preach my gospel, and going out with the sister missionaries to be more connected to the call I was given. As this title gives away, I leave for the MTC on February 4th at 6 am and report to the MTC in provo that same day. I am excited for the chance to serve and for the opportunities lie ahead of me!  While on my mission my family will be keeping everyone updated in this blog and I will post my addresses before I leave!

I can't wait to serve in the greatest state of Washington and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

- Ami

For more information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints visit:  www.lds.org or message me, I am happy to answer any questions about the gospel that I hold so dear to my hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment